Finding the right senior living community is important. Beginning the conversation with children or loved ones should be one of your first steps. The transition into an assisted living community from your current home is a major life event.
With so many diverse options you want to take your time. Therefore you want to make sure you educate yourself and look for the right community for YOU.
Here are some ideas to help choose the right senior living community
- Be sure to understand all the different types of communities
- Research, prioritize and ask questions to help YOU find the right fit
- Figure out what your budget is
- Be sure to visit different places
- Pay attention to the details; safety features, social areas, cleanliness, accessibility
- Talk to the staff and caregivers
- Ask about future care
- Make a pros and cons list
Finding the right community for you can seem overwhelming and stressful. Remember it doesn’t have to be. By beginning to think about this transition you are making an investment into your future. A smart and well executed plan begins with you figuring out what works best for your situation.