Downsizers Club is held on the Tuesday prior to Empowered Senior Seminars, 2 pm to 3:30pm.
8710 E 32nd St
Wichita, KS 67226
Upcoming Downsizer Club Meeting Dates:
May 9th, 2023
June 6th, 2023
July 11th, 2023
August 8th, 2023
September 12th, 2023
October 10th, 2023
November 7th, 2023
December 12th, 2023
Downsizers Club is FREE… a $200 value. As a member, if you opt to contribute $200 for the course you will receive a $250 gift certificate towards decluttering, organizing, space planning, downsizing and/or move management services. .
*Your contribution helps cover rental space, printing and support our 501(c)3 nonprofit efforts to equip, educate and empower seniors!
What is Downsizers Club?
Are you thinking that it is time to “get your house in order” when it comes to preparing for successful aging and a simplified, less overwhelming lifestyle?
Are you considering a downsizing move in the future? Or feel that being fully prepared “just in case” is prudent?
Are you aware of mature life tasks that you’d like to complete and check off your list? Are you concerned that you might not know absolutely everything that should be on this To-Do list?
Do you feel that you would benefit by attending a monthly, small group workshop addressing these challenges?
Would you find it motivating, perhaps even FUN, to be part of a community of others working on the same downsizing goals and mature life tasks?
Downsizers Club is a community for mature adults, of any age, committed to making downsizing easy! Made up of homeowners, senior living residents, and industry professionals representing real estate, senior move management, estate liquidation, and relocation services, our mission is to take the overwhelm out of the downsizing and relocation process.
At the same time, you will be presented with on-going information and resources from medical to legal considerations related to successful aging.
If you anticipate making a move from a larger space to a smaller one in the next 3 to 5 years (or less), this group is ABSOLUTELY for you!
Downsizing should leave you
OVERJOYED, not overwhelmed!
What you receive:
- Complimentary strategy session with a Certified Senior Downsizing Coach® ($250 value)
- Two complimentary consultations annually with an Empowered Senior ”Peace of Mind Moves” accredited move manager® ($250 value)
- Two complimentary consultations annually with a Certified Senior Housing Professional® ($250 value)
- You’ll learn about additional types of housing evaluations that are available from many varied professionals including Aging In Place professionals, home inspectors, and more.
- Consultation offers from many varied professionals will be on-going and will include attorneys, long term care insurance agents, veteran benefit specialists, financial planners/wealth managers, and medical industry facilitators. ($200 – $750 value per consultation.)
- Empowered Access …learn your options for care and service in advance of need. ($750 value)
- Our medical industry facilitators will help you research, compile and record your preferred rehabilitative and care plans as a documented guide at your fingertips in case of a medical need.
- You’ll learn how to arrange care for your home, pets, personal property and pre-plan details for a future move that’s planned, or one that is brought about by an unexpected event. You’ll have the opportunity to complete a detailed Move Plan as part of the on-going participation in this course, small group sessions and one-on-one consultations.
Professional and peer support:
- Phone and email support for all your senior living, downsizing, and real estate questions.
- Trusted referrals to reputable local advisors and service professionals.
- Priority seating for 2 at Empowered Senior seminars, book bag, and branded binder to organize your materials.
- Two VIP passes to attend Downsizing Made Easy workshops (held 2-3 times annually) (up to $200 value).
- Exclusive access to the online learning center including interviews with a variety of professional service providers.
- Priority seating for two (2) on senior living community bus tours (subject to availability)
- Priority access to 55+ senior living and maintenance free community tours (subject to availability)
- Priority access to other Empowered Senior events like our planned Town Hall with the Wichita Area Builders Association
- DVD – Essential Reasons to Downsize Now
- Downsizers Club Workbook ($75.00 value)
- Downsizing Made Easy Guide: 5 Easy Steps to a Successful Move ($24.95 value)
- Moving Mom & Dad: 5 Common Mistakes Adult Children Make and How to Avoid Them ($24.95 value)
Have questions? See the Frequently Asked Questions section below or call us.
Call (316) 686-4500 to get signed up or provide your details below and we will reach out to you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why would I want to join the Downsizers Club?
Think of it as a support group for people who are anticipating a future move (for themselves or are helping others).
If you have lived in your current home for a long time or are planning to downsize into a smaller space, you may need or want support and guidance on how to handle the physical tasks and/or the emotions associated with such a move. Maybe children or other family members are supportive, but don’t live locally and you simply need some “boots on the ground” here in your area. Regardless of your circumstances, this community of caring and supportive people are here to help you accomplish your downsizing (or rightsizing) goals.
Why is there a fee?
The membership fee allows us to provide a high level of education and service, as well as more resources and tools to Downsizers Club members. We believe that you will find the value you receive as a Club member will far exceed the amount you pay for membership.
As a bonus, you will receive a credit for the amount of your membership when you use the downsizing services offered by Empowered Senior, a 501(c)3 and you will receive additional offers from our Founder and Education Partners.
What is priority seating at the Empowered Senior Series seminars?
Seminars offered in conjunction with the Empowered Senior Series are free to the public. As a Downsizer’s Club member you will receive priority seating (based on your preferences), a personalized name tag, and a binder to organize your seminar materials. If seminars are being held only online (due to pandemic restrictions) we will make arrangements to ensure you have access to the online events by providing the necessary personalized technology support.
Why would I need the Downsizing Made Easy Guide, Moving Mom & Dad Guide, or Move Management Workbook?
Our guides have proven invaluable to countless downsizers over the span of two decades. The Downsizing Made Easy Guide is perfect for those at the early stages of decision-making, while the move management guide takes you step-by-step through the Downsizing Made Easy Method’s 10 steps to downsizing. Moving Mom & Dad is great for adult children or those providing downsizing support to other family members.
What can I expect from a consultation with a Senior Downsizing Coach?
Meeting with a downsizing coach is a great way to help you formulate a plan, think through your options, get organized at home or simply get comfortable with the idea of making a move. Coaching consultations are unique to the individual, couple, or family and are not cookie-cutter conversations. Every move is different and highly personal. Your coach will take time to learn about you and your specific needs and goals and help you work through any issues or concerns you may have about the where, when, and how-to’s of the downsizing process. If you are helping others with an upcoming move, this consultation can be helpful in creating meaningful conversations or approaching the more difficult topics.
What can I expect from a consultation with a senior move manager?
Your senior move manager will help you determine your priorities for organizing, decluttering and downsizing. This may include making preliminary decisions about the things you hold dear and want to keep, as well as items you would like to repurpose, sell, or donate. A move manager can give you tips and tools for organizing your thoughts, as well as your treasures, and will ultimately be your best friend when it comes to simplifying and organizing the entire downsizing process. Your move manager will also help you use the Move Management Guide most effectively.
What can I expect from a consultation with a real estate agent who is also a Certified Senior Housing Professional® (CSHP)?
This meeting is invaluable to those who will be selling, leasing, or transferring property as part of their downsizing process. Your CSHP will provide you with an estimated home value based on current market conditions, as well as a detailed calculation of sale-related expenses you would likely incur. If you are considering making improvements, your CSHP can assist you in determining the return on investment of those improvements. The goal of your CSHP is to help you make educated and informed decisions as you plan for a future sale or transfer of property.
What can I expect from a consultation with a financial advisor, estate planning attorney, or veteran benefits specialist?
We have arranged for Downsizers Club members to meet with professionals who may be of assistance with planning and education in their respective fields. These consultations are designed for review of current documentation and guidance concerning needed updates, revisions, or new materials. They may provide you with an estimated cost for their services for making such changes or additions, but you are under no obligation to use them.
How much phone and email support do I receive?
Our goal is to be available to you as often as you may need. Not only will you have the support of our team of professionals, there are other Club members whom you will likely find to be supportive and helpful as well.
Can I invite other people to join the club?
We love it when our clients and club members recommend us to others. As you think of people who would benefit from being a member, get permission from them for us to call and then send us their information. We are happy to reach out and introduce ourselves and see if membership is of interest to them.
*Downsizers Club, is a brand new Empowered Senior program, with a launch date of April 5, 2022. All offerings are subject to change as we grow and evaluate this evolving project.
**Founder, Katherine Ambrose, is an award-winning Aging Advocate and leads our nonprofit, Empowered Senior and producer & host of the Empowering Seniors television program. She is a Licensed Real Estate Broker and the Local Founder of KW Realty, affiliated with Hometown Partners. She is a Certified Senior Housing Professional®; Certified Senior Downsizing Coach®; serves as Senior Real Estate Institute national faculty; member of the National Association of Senior & Speciality Move Managers; and recognized by the National Association of REALTORS® as recipient of the Outstanding Service Award as a leading Senior Real Estate Specialist®. You may reach her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (316)807-5079 or by calling our hotline, (316)686-4500.