Chances are if you are like most Americans, you have more stuff than you need, want, or know what to do with. This is especially true if you have lived in the same house for over 25 years. So, if you are planning a future move or simply want to simplify life a bit, what do you do with all the excess? What makes it so essential to tackle this overwhelming mature life task? How do you take action? What are all of the options?
April Empowered Senior Series
April’s Guest Experts
Jan Brito – Washington DC
Willy and Stacy Nelson – Kansas City
Gaylyn McGregor – Wichita
Click here to see all the great photo’s from April’s seminar.
Jan Brito entered the world of real estate in 2005 after spending 15 years in Information Technology.
In addition, Jan holds the elite Certified Senior Housing Professional™ certification and is a Certified Senior Downsizing Coach. She is also a part of the 3% of Realtors® nationwide who have earned the Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) designation (known as the PhD of Real Estate). A true advocate for her older clients. In addition, Jan is always available to answer questions, provide thorough follow-up, and walk through every step of the experience with them. Known for being a highly responsive, experienced negotiator. Jan offers extraordinary service with a heart of gold to every senior she works with.
Willy and Stacy Nelson
Willy and Stacy Nelson founded their Team in 2016. They created a team that is customer focused leading with concierge service. In addition, they are ranked in the top 5% of their market in production. They have helped over 150 families buy, sell or invest in real estate in the Kansas City area. Both have served in Agent leadership, led committees within the brokerage and served on committees at the regional level with the Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS®
Willy and Stacy both grew up in the Kansas City area. Stacy grew up in the southland graduating from Blue Ridge Christian School and Willy grew up in the northland graduating from Liberty High School.
Willy spent his career as a full time network marketer producing teams worldwide and Stacy spent her career in banking where she ran very successful loyalty programs for seniors. Both have earned the CSHP designation (Certified Senior Housing Professional) from the Senior Real Estate Institute. Stacy is also the Board President of the Jackson County Professionals in Aging.
Additional downsizing, sorting and packing tips.
1. Start with a plan. Determine what you need and want to keep, what can be donated or sold, and what needs to be thrown away. This will make the downsizing process much easier.
2. Sort your belongings into categories. This will help you stay organized as you downsizing.
3. Get rid of anything that you no longer use or need. This includes clothes that don’t fit, old books, and knick-knacks that you don’t really love.
4. Donate or sell items that are in good condition but that you no longer need. This is a great way to declutter your home and help others in the process.
5. Pack your belongings carefully. Label boxes clearly and keep track of what is in each one.