701 Amidon St.
Wichita, Kansas 67203
Botanica, The Wichita Gardens is open year-round and repeat visits offer new surprises as The Gardens change with the seasons.
In spring, more than 50,000 tulip bulbs and 120,000 daffodil bulbs bloom along with an assortment of wildflowers and flowering shrubs.
Later bloomers include azaleas, irises, roses, peonies, and other perennials. More than 20,000 annuals combine with beautiful perennial color in the summer along with spectacular prairie wildflowers.
In autumn, you’ll find asters, liriope, sedum, and more than 5,500 chrysanthemums amongst the backdrop of fall color from trees and shrubs. In winter, The Gardens feature 12,000 pansies, red-twig dogwood, witch hazel, and berried hollies.
With ever-changing scenery, educational classes for young and old, and special events to entertain and amuse, we invite you to visit Botanica often and take advantage of all that the Gardens have to offer!
Click Image to Get a Copy of Botanica Map
- The Aging Brain - Jun 11 - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Decluttering & Selling/Donating the Excess - Jul 09 - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Staying Put: Taking Care of our Home & Ourselves as We Age - Aug 13 - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Aging Solo & Going from "We" to "Me" - Sep 10 - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Patriotism, Politics, and Apple Pie - Oct 08 - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Seniors Speak: Senior Living Options - Nov 12 - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- "The Talk"- Communicating with Adult Kids, Family, & Friends - Dec 10 - 10:00 am - 11:30 am